The first Uberthons Marathon and Half Marathon is set for the Banks - Vernonia Trail. 20-plus miles of beautiful asphalt trail. This Marathon may have sister-marathons as the event grows, and the multi-year leader boards will keep track of all the racing times on one results page year after year. 5k-split times help make the 5k-split awards possible. Sports Authority is the sponsor. This event is sure to be an Oregon must!
Good websites to see lots of photos of the trail - and what a beautiful trail! Click on a button . . .
A Marathon has 26.2 miles. That is a little over 42 kilometers. The Oregon Marathon is doing something fun with that many kilometers - every 5 kilometers will produce a 5k-split winner. One runner may win only one 5k split. Once a runner has been recognized as a 5k-split winner, others will be recognized. Sixteen 5k-split winners. Which split will you own?
Note: this is the only Marathon in Oregon that produces 5k-split times. All 5k-split winners will be made online - at results.uberthons.com
Walkers Welcome - Use the time limit for the Half or Marathon, and join us. Sally Lynch of Walk About Magazine describes the event. READ
What you GET
- All finishers receive a finishers medal - best there is in the Northwest . . . think large . . . think heavy
- Event phone app
- Micro-mesh technical event shirt
- 5k-split times throughout the entire race
- Access to Finish Line photos
- Oregon Marathon price includes two complimentary 10k events that are managed by Uberthons.
- Oregon Half Marathon price includes one complimentary 10k event that is managed by Uberthons.
- Post-Race food, will be the best UberBar ever to help replenish your bodies. Think strudel and apples, and cherries, and apple cider, and . . .
- Aid stations with ice water and electrolytes every 2 miles on the course
- Medical team personnel every 2 miles on the course
- A Boston Marathon qualifying course
- Personalized Bibs if registered by September 1, 2013
Uberthons is pleased to welcome Acceleration Sports Medicine, with Dr. Adam Mohr D.C., DACBSP as the Medical Director for the Oregon Marathon and the Oregon Half Marathon - taking care of aches and pains before, during, and after the race.
Pasta feed will be September 27. Details coming soon
Jaguar Timing System
The Oregon Marathon and the Oregon Half Marathon will use Jaguar timing equipment - nothing but the best for this event! Wear your bibs (which have the timing chip already attached to the back) chest high. This works best for photos. Finish Line photos are a must. Uberthons Finish Line Photo system will take snapshots of you as your chip-on-your-bib activates the camera as you cross the finish line. Throw your hands high, or simply give a great thumbs up. Photos will be immediately available for review.
RFID technology is used - start and finish your watch after you cross the start and finish line.
Your race results will be available within a minute online at results.uberthons.com after completing the race.
See you at the Marathon
Enter your Email Address below and Subscribe